Londonderry police and firefighters rise to fundraising challenge
Traditionally, members of the Londonderry fire and police departments have made a sizeable donation to the Londonderry Lions Club to support the camp.
“They stepped up and presented me with personal checks signed to Camp Pride,” he said.
Halfway into the game, several members of the local police force slipped checks into Detective Chris Olson’s hands.
For the past four years, the police team has won the annual event that’s sparked much friendly rivalry over the years. Friday’s game was no exception: the police took home the coveted trophy with a final score of 16 to 8.
Called out by former Town Councilor Mark Oswald to participate in the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS, the Londonderry firefighters returned to the field, splashing buckets of frigid water over their own heads and drenching Fire Chief Darren O’Brien.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.