In Hillsborough, history comes alive at weekend festival
The four locations included President Franklin Pierce’s homestead, historical reenactments at Jones Road, hands-on history at the historic center and music and discussions downtown. A short trolley ride took visitors to the sites or self-guided tours of many historic buildings.
Civil War re-enactors with the 5th Mass. Battery looked forward to the event.
“This is a lot of fun,” she said. “For me it’s about remembering and helping to educate the public. They are so willing to learn.” She is with the 6th Maine battery.
Dean Malissa visited many of the sites, portraying Gen. George Washington with an uncanny likeness. He engaged the audience with stories of events and battles leading up to American independence. Malissa is the sole portrayer of President Washington at the first president’s Mount Vernon estate in Virginia.
Eight-year-old Aden Henry from Hillsborough said: “I made soap, butter and ice cream, and I liked to wash the clothes,” he said. “The carriage ride was fun.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 28
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters