Home » News » Public Safety
Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry
This car struck a tree on Griffin Road in Londonderry late Monday night, sending its two occupants to hospitals. COURTESY
LONDONDERRY — A driver and passenger were taken to different hospitals after the car they were in struck a tree late Monday night.
The Londonderry Fire Department received several calls reporting the crash shortly after 11:30 p.m., Battalion Chief Douglas Cardwell said Tuesday morning.
Rescue crews found a car that had veered off the road at Griffin Road and Larch Lane.
Speed likely played a role in the crash, officials said.
“We found a single vehicle crashed into a tree with significant entrapment of the two occupants,” Cardwell said.
Authorities said the initial dispatch utilized all on-duty Londonderry personnel, with Windham later providing an additional ambulance. Litchfield provided station coverage.
Members of the Hudson Fire Department assisted at the scene to provide extrication assistance and crews summoned a DHART helicopter.
“Crews were all hands on deck, using multiple sets of hydraulic tools, hand tools and saws to free the two occupants,” Cardwell said.
Members of the Derry Fire Department set up a helicopter landing zone at the nearby South Elementary School. The two victims, who police and fire officials didn’t identify because their families had not been notified, were taken to separate hospitals. One victim, whose injuries were described as “serious,” was transported to a Boston hospital, while the second patient was taken to Parkland Hospital in Derry with unknown injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too