Home » News » Public Safety
Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry
This car struck a tree on Griffin Road in Londonderry late Monday night, sending its two occupants to hospitals. COURTESY
LONDONDERRY — A driver and passenger were taken to different hospitals after the car they were in struck a tree late Monday night.
The Londonderry Fire Department received several calls reporting the crash shortly after 11:30 p.m., Battalion Chief Douglas Cardwell said Tuesday morning.
Rescue crews found a car that had veered off the road at Griffin Road and Larch Lane.
Speed likely played a role in the crash, officials said.
“We found a single vehicle crashed into a tree with significant entrapment of the two occupants,” Cardwell said.
Authorities said the initial dispatch utilized all on-duty Londonderry personnel, with Windham later providing an additional ambulance. Litchfield provided station coverage.
Members of the Hudson Fire Department assisted at the scene to provide extrication assistance and crews summoned a DHART helicopter.
“Crews were all hands on deck, using multiple sets of hydraulic tools, hand tools and saws to free the two occupants,” Cardwell said.
Members of the Derry Fire Department set up a helicopter landing zone at the nearby South Elementary School. The two victims, who police and fire officials didn’t identify because their families had not been notified, were taken to separate hospitals. One victim, whose injuries were described as “serious,” was transported to a Boston hospital, while the second patient was taken to Parkland Hospital in Derry with unknown injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads