Home » News » Politics » State Government
GOP to Hassan: What taxes would you raise?
The legislative Republican leadership has hounded Hassan to release state agency spending data for the recently completed 2014 fiscal year budget.
Earlier this month, the governor told department heads not to spend on big ticket items until revenue trends are more defined.
“If Governor Hassan thinks New Hampshire’s business taxes are too low, she should tell us which ones she wants to increase,” Bradley said. “Does she want to start taxing trusts again? That would raise about $5 million a year. Does she want to reduce the Research and Development Tax Credit? She might want to roll back the Net Operating Loss Carry Forward provisions signed by Governor Lynch. Or maybe she wants to lower the threshold for the Business Enterprise Tax so that New Hampshire’s smallest businesses will pay more.”
“If Governor Hassan wants to roll back these tax reforms, she should tell us which taxes she wants to increase,” Bradley said. “In the meantime, I would repeat our request to update the public on how much state departments spent in fiscal year ’14, which ended 50 days ago.”
While Republicans continue to push for agency budget information, they have not made a formal request to Hassan for budget information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Details of Reams inquiry released