Home » News » Politics » State Government
GOP to Hassan: What taxes would you raise?
The legislative Republican leadership has hounded Hassan to release state agency spending data for the recently completed 2014 fiscal year budget.
Earlier this month, the governor told department heads not to spend on big ticket items until revenue trends are more defined.
“If Governor Hassan thinks New Hampshire’s business taxes are too low, she should tell us which ones she wants to increase,” Bradley said. “Does she want to start taxing trusts again? That would raise about $5 million a year. Does she want to reduce the Research and Development Tax Credit? She might want to roll back the Net Operating Loss Carry Forward provisions signed by Governor Lynch. Or maybe she wants to lower the threshold for the Business Enterprise Tax so that New Hampshire’s smallest businesses will pay more.”
“If Governor Hassan wants to roll back these tax reforms, she should tell us which taxes she wants to increase,” Bradley said. “In the meantime, I would repeat our request to update the public on how much state departments spent in fiscal year ’14, which ended 50 days ago.”
While Republicans continue to push for agency budget information, they have not made a formal request to Hassan for budget information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rep. Stephen Shurtleff: What NH can accomplish when we cooperate in Concord - 0
- Brian Bouchard's NH Legal Perspective: Cloudy with a chance of trade secret forfeiture - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- John Stossel: Making legal immigration easier would help America - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 6
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem