Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze
The initial call came in just before 10 p.m. for a building in the area of Pine and West Hollis streets, but responding companies were directed to the correct address on Palm Street.
Fire officials said 14 people were displaced because fire and water damage forced power to be cut off.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the city fire marshal’s office.
When firefighters arrived at the condo in response to a 2:47 a.m. report they had to force entry into the storage area, which contained heavy smoke. The fire was located in what was described as a maze of storage lockers and extinguished.
Shortly after the reported building fire at 11 Blackstone, crews were told of alarms in the building at 9 Blackstone and located a malicious false alarm, a pull station activated by an unknown person. The city fire marshal and police are investigating the incidents.
The fire department said although no living space was heavily affected, there was minor water damage to living units immediately adjacent to the storage area.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation