Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze
The initial call came in just before 10 p.m. for a building in the area of Pine and West Hollis streets, but responding companies were directed to the correct address on Palm Street.
Fire officials said 14 people were displaced because fire and water damage forced power to be cut off.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the city fire marshal’s office.
When firefighters arrived at the condo in response to a 2:47 a.m. report they had to force entry into the storage area, which contained heavy smoke. The fire was located in what was described as a maze of storage lockers and extinguished.
Shortly after the reported building fire at 11 Blackstone, crews were told of alarms in the building at 9 Blackstone and located a malicious false alarm, a pull station activated by an unknown person. The city fire marshal and police are investigating the incidents.
The fire department said although no living space was heavily affected, there was minor water damage to living units immediately adjacent to the storage area.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH