Obama: World is 'appalled' by murder of NH's James Foley
Obama did not specify on Wednesday if there would be any policy or strategy changes toward how the U.S. will approach and contain ISIS.
"The United States of America will continue to do what we must do to protect our people. We will be vigilant and we will be relentless," Obama said.
In the video, ISIS also threatened to kill another American journalist it said it was holding captive — Steven Sotloff, who was kidnapped near the Syrian-Turkish border in August 2013.
The group said it killed Foley as an act of revenge for U.S. intervention in Iraq.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- JFK picture on side of Dallas tour bus draws ire, threats - 0
- Yellowstone tourist fined for crashed drone - 0
- FBI chief claims killer of Foley and Sotloff is identified - 0
- FBI says militant in beheading videos ID'd; about a dozen from U.S. have fought with militants in Syria - 0
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on Islamic State in Syria - 16
- Obama to make statement after airstrikes against Islamic State, White House official says - 3
- US opens new front against Islamic State with airstrikes in Syria - 0
- Pentagon says U.S., partner nations launch first strikes in Syria - 0
- 3 Afghan soldiers missing from Cape Cod found at the Canadian border - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 1
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 15
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
State surplus isn't big enough
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance