Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Concord man charged in downtown stabbing
CONCORD — A city man is charged with second-degree assault in the stabbing of another man during a large fight that began Tuesday night in Bicentennial Square, between Warren and Pleasant streets.
Christian E. Economides, 28, of Downing Street, was arrested Thursday after an investigation into the incident that left the 25-year-old victim with multiple stab wounds in his upper body.
Police said the victim was treated for serious but non-life-threatening injuries at Concord Hospital. He has been released.
Police said Economides was arrested Tuesday night on an unrelated drug charge.
Witnesses to the fight provided a description of a possible suspect and when an officer a short time later saw someone matching the description walking on Fayette Street, he sought to stop him.
But the person, later identified as Economides, ran from the officer, forcing a foot pursuit.
When Economides was caught on Chesley Street and taken into custody, he was searched and found to have a controlled substance in his pocket.
Because Economides did not have a prescription for the pill, he was charged with felony possession of controlled drugs.He was also charged with resisting arrest or detention, a misdemeanor.At the time of his initial arrest, police did not have enough evidence to charge Economides with the stabbing, so he was released on personal recognizance bail.
Additional investigation and evidence enabled police to obtain a warrant for Economides’ arrest and he was arrested Thursday at his residence.
He was held on $10,000 cash bail pending arraignment on the felony second-degree assault charge.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the stabbing, or the events surrounding it to call 225-8600, or to call Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood - 0
- Judge lifts no-contact order - 0
- Suspected rioter faces felony charge in Keene - 3
- Hudson man charged with impersonating police officer - 1
- Fashion-conscience robber hits Rochester bank - 0
- Report: Student opens fire at Washington state high school; gunman reported dead - 2
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 16
- No murder charge in fatal stabbing of city man - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483