Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police: Activist in chicken suit was warned not to pester Shaheen prior to arrest
In a report released Wednesday, police described the events that led up to Saturday’s arrest of Manchester resident Michael Zona, 23. As U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen marched past Zona, who was dressed in a chicken suit, police said they saw the “chicken” begin to flap his arms and step into the parade procession. Zona was accompanied by a man holding a video camera, police said.
“He stated that he was protesting the senator’s reluctance to attend local town meetings,” Bellino said.
“Both individuals stated they understood and Michael assured me he would remain on the curb for the remainder of the parade,” Bellino said.
“He was jogging around the group with Senator Shaheen and Governor (Maggie) Hassan flapping his arms,” Dyer said.
“It caused her to stop what she was doing and move back toward her security team,” Dyer said.
“He stated he was sorry and should have listened and began to walk away,” Dyer said. “I advised him he was being detained and told him to stop where he was.”
Zona is due in Derry District Court Sept. 8 to answer to the disorderly conduct charge.
READER COMMENTS: 14
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917