Hill district considering three offers where to send middle, high school students
The Newfound Area School District, the Merrimack Valley School District, and the Franklin School District — where Hill students currently attend school — have all contacted local school officials, each notifying them of its interest in taking on the school’s students, school officials said.
“And Franklin would very much like to continue as the place for Hill students,” said Franklin and Hill School District Superintendent Robert McKenney.
Merrimack Valley would also be a good fit for Hill students, who would have to travel about 20 miles to get to Merrimack Valley schools, said Superintendent Mark MacLean.
Newfound school officials confirmed their district has answered the call from Hill school district officials for notices of interest in the town’s students.
Hill school officials said they have accepted the notices of interest from the other districts and will discuss them at upcoming meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
- NH's 9/11 victims: We cannot forget - 0
- Celebrating Stark: And America, in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof