Home » News » Public Safety
Plaistow begins search for new police chief
The new chief will replace Stephen Savage, who died after a three-year battle with kidney cancer on July 11.
Kathleen Jones, who was the deputy chief under Savage, is serving as the department’s interim chief.
The review of the applications begins on Sept. 22 with initial interviews scheduled for mid-October and a final round of interviews scheduled for November, according to Town Manager Sean Fitzgerald.
“I have created a job posting and challenge statement and outlined a process,” Fitzgerald recently told the Board of Selectmen, which will ultimately have the final say on the hire. “At this point, we can advertise the position for 30 days, and I anticipate that we will probably receive a significant response.”
“Certainly, we have an in-house candidate that we all think very highly of,” said Fitzgerald. “We want to encourage everyone to take a look at the position. It is an important job.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'