Home » News » Public Safety
Plaistow begins search for new police chief
The new chief will replace Stephen Savage, who died after a three-year battle with kidney cancer on July 11.
Kathleen Jones, who was the deputy chief under Savage, is serving as the department’s interim chief.
The review of the applications begins on Sept. 22 with initial interviews scheduled for mid-October and a final round of interviews scheduled for November, according to Town Manager Sean Fitzgerald.
“I have created a job posting and challenge statement and outlined a process,” Fitzgerald recently told the Board of Selectmen, which will ultimately have the final say on the hire. “At this point, we can advertise the position for 30 days, and I anticipate that we will probably receive a significant response.”
“Certainly, we have an in-house candidate that we all think very highly of,” said Fitzgerald. “We want to encourage everyone to take a look at the position. It is an important job.”
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 43
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive