Salem schools to open doors so public can see building renovations
The School Board and administration are setting up times to hold ribbon-cuttings and open houses at those schools to show off the work done during the schools’ major renovation projects.
The plan is to have separate ribbon-cuttings and tours of both schools scheduled 90 minutes to two hours apart.
School Board Chairman Patricia Corbett suggested that local politicians from the state legislature and the board of selectmen, among others, be invited to the ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
“We don’t want to forget that we did invest a couple hundred thousand dollars in that school to upgrade the safety and security of the facility itself,” said Delahanty.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- JFK picture on side of Dallas tour bus draws ire, threats - 0
- Yellowstone tourist fined for crashed drone - 0
- FBI chief claims killer of Foley and Sotloff is identified - 0
- FBI says militant in beheading videos ID'd; about a dozen from U.S. have fought with militants in Syria - 0
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on Islamic State in Syria - 16
- Obama to make statement after airstrikes against Islamic State, White House official says - 3
- US opens new front against Islamic State with airstrikes in Syria - 0
- Pentagon says U.S., partner nations launch first strikes in Syria - 0
- 3 Afghan soldiers missing from Cape Cod found at the Canadian border - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 1
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 12
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 13
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance