Salem school district unveils new mobile app
The district recently introduced a mobile application for smartphones that helps keep people up to date on the latest news, events, and announcements from the district’s schools.
The application can be downloaded through the Apple and Google app stores by searching for “Salem School District,” according to district web developer David Halpin.
When the app is downloaded, people can then enter the schools they want information about through the app.
The app also has a school directory, lunch menus, and a calendar, among other functions. Halpin said more features, such as a section for high school students and more information on school sports will be added in the near future.
School board chairman Patricia Corbett said she was impressed by the app.
“While you were talking, I downloaded it, checked out my son’s bus route and lunch menu, and added three dates to my calendar,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads