Salem school district unveils new mobile app
The district recently introduced a mobile application for smartphones that helps keep people up to date on the latest news, events, and announcements from the district’s schools.
The application can be downloaded through the Apple and Google app stores by searching for “Salem School District,” according to district web developer David Halpin.
When the app is downloaded, people can then enter the schools they want information about through the app.
The app also has a school directory, lunch menus, and a calendar, among other functions. Halpin said more features, such as a section for high school students and more information on school sports will be added in the near future.
School board chairman Patricia Corbett said she was impressed by the app.
“While you were talking, I downloaded it, checked out my son’s bus route and lunch menu, and added three dates to my calendar,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll