Manchester’s fall Senior Walks schedule announced
August 22. 2014 7:34PM
MANCHESTER — The fall Senior Walks schedule, eight walks with members of the Manchester Police Community Policing Division, is now available.
The walks, which are 2-3 miles in length and take about an hour, allow seniors to exercise and experience Manchester with police officers.The walks, which begin at 9 a.m., are on Mondays, except for Columbus Day week, when the walk is on Tuesday, Oct. 14.
The dates and locations are:
• Sept. 8: Manchester River Walk. Meet at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel parking lot at 101 S. Commercial St.
• Sept. 15: Livingston Park. Meet in the parking lot near the playground, Hooksett Road at Redcoat Lane
• Sept. 22: Manchester/Goffstown Rail Trail. Meet at the dead end of Agenes Street from the Biron Bridge
• Sept. 29: Massabesic Lake Trail. Meet in the paved parking lot off Londonderry Turnpike, just south of the Massabesic Traffic Circle
• Oct. 6: Manchester Rail Trail. Meet on the north side of Shaw’s Plaza, 375 S. Willow St.
• Oct. 14 (Tuesday): Massabesic Audubon Center, 26 Audubon Way, Auburn. Meet in the parking lot across from the Audubon Center
• Oct. 20: Stark Park. Meet in front of Brookside Church, Elm and Clarke streets. Park on either street.
• Oct. 27: Manchester Riverwalk. Meet at the West Side Ice Arena at Electric Street.
In case of inclement weather, call Officer Mark Ampuja on the day of the scheduled walk at 792-5431 between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. for cancelations.