Home » News » To our readers
Spiner new executive editor at NH Union Leader; Montgomery to Sunday post
Spiner comes to the Union Leader's top news post from WMUR-TV where he has served as both news assignment editor and as a manager of the Hearst station's website and social media output.
Trent Spiner was named as Executive Editor of the New Hampshire Union Leader.
He is a former news correspondent for the Union Leader and was a reporter for the Concord Monitor.
He was chosen earlier this year as one of the Union Leader's 40 Under Forty class of distinguished young New Hampshire citizens.
"I am excited to lead such an experienced, committed and well-respected news organization," said Spiner. "We will deliver the Union Leader's standard of strong news reporting to our readers in print, in their social media timelines and their tablets and phones."
Montgomery, 58, resides in Weare with his wife. The couple has three grown children.
A former board member of the N.H. Press Association, Montgomery, like Spiner, also served as a Union Leader correspondent.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Havenstein's Pledge: It's a sound business plan - 1
- 'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH - 25
- Personhood Controversial? Really? - 29
- Pocket Constitutions: Windham's non-scandal - 15
- Obama's escalation: In Iraq, too broad a fight - 14
- NH's prison population: The real story behind a failed law - 12
- Constitutional thought: Enter our student essay contest - 0
- Hawkish Shaheen: What war profiteers? - 43
- Walt's new Pledge: Planning for a better NH budget - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond