Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama waits: A terror threat grows
President Obama's response to the beheading of journalist James Foley was to get dressed, read some strong words, and return to the golf course. He is back from vacation today. Now what?
“From governments and peoples across the Middle East, there has to be a common effort to extract this cancer so that it does not spread,” Obama said last week, passing the buck. “...And we will continue to confront this hateful terrorism and replace it with a sense of hope and civility.” Confront it how? With what? When?
We hope the President's delay in killing as many of our new enemy as possible stems from secret attempts to free remaining hostages. If not, we are projecting weakness by responding with words to people who communicate in deeds. Obama does politics the Chicago way — you hit him, he hits you harder. In foreign affairs, he is timid, and that has great costs.
Obama said the group that murdered Foley “has no place in the 21st century.”
Then let's bomb the bastards back to the 7th. Every day we delay, they get stronger.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads