Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash
At the accident scene between Covenant Way and Jenkins Road, police found two destroyed vehicles in the eastbound travel and breakdown lanes that had collided in a head-on fashion a little after 5 p.m.
After a preliminary investigation, Bedford police believe a tan 1999 Ford Contour operated by a 20-year-old Manchester man was traveling westbound when it crossed the yellow centerline for unknown reasons and struck a landscape trailer being towed by a pickup truck traveling east. The Contour then struck a grey 2004 Chevy 2500 pickup truck also headed eastbound.
The driver of this Chevy was a 49-year-old Bedford woman who was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Contour suffered life-threatening injuries and was ultimately flown to an out-of state hospital.
Traffic on Route 101 was re-routed for nearly two hours while the crash was investigated.
The Bedford Police Department’s Technical Accident Reconstruction Team is currently investigating the crash and is asking any witnesses not yet interviewed by police to call the Bedford Police Department at 472-5113.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison