Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash
At the accident scene between Covenant Way and Jenkins Road, police found two destroyed vehicles in the eastbound travel and breakdown lanes that had collided in a head-on fashion a little after 5 p.m.
After a preliminary investigation, Bedford police believe a tan 1999 Ford Contour operated by a 20-year-old Manchester man was traveling westbound when it crossed the yellow centerline for unknown reasons and struck a landscape trailer being towed by a pickup truck traveling east. The Contour then struck a grey 2004 Chevy 2500 pickup truck also headed eastbound.
The driver of this Chevy was a 49-year-old Bedford woman who was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Contour suffered life-threatening injuries and was ultimately flown to an out-of state hospital.
Traffic on Route 101 was re-routed for nearly two hours while the crash was investigated.
The Bedford Police Department’s Technical Accident Reconstruction Team is currently investigating the crash and is asking any witnesses not yet interviewed by police to call the Bedford Police Department at 472-5113.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem