Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash
At the accident scene between Covenant Way and Jenkins Road, police found two destroyed vehicles in the eastbound travel and breakdown lanes that had collided in a head-on fashion a little after 5 p.m.
After a preliminary investigation, Bedford police believe a tan 1999 Ford Contour operated by a 20-year-old Manchester man was traveling westbound when it crossed the yellow centerline for unknown reasons and struck a landscape trailer being towed by a pickup truck traveling east. The Contour then struck a grey 2004 Chevy 2500 pickup truck also headed eastbound.
The driver of this Chevy was a 49-year-old Bedford woman who was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Contour suffered life-threatening injuries and was ultimately flown to an out-of state hospital.
Traffic on Route 101 was re-routed for nearly two hours while the crash was investigated.
The Bedford Police Department’s Technical Accident Reconstruction Team is currently investigating the crash and is asking any witnesses not yet interviewed by police to call the Bedford Police Department at 472-5113.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
- Driver loses control, crashes into four vehicles at Hudson auto body shop - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose