Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case
Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Michael Valentine had argued for a 12-month sentence in the House of Corrections, to be followed by two years of probation and a fine of $400, equal to the money she received in rent from the drug dealer using her home.
“This was a crime of greed,” said Valentine, because Doane was paying Tagalakis $100 a week to rent the room. Valentine said a $400 fine would be: “equivalent to her ill-gotten gains.”
“It’s a terrible lesson and Lisa continues to live it,” said Prieto, who said Tagalakis also has serious health issues.
He expects her to achieve her goal of opening an art studio.
Although she is now a convicted felon, said Prieto, he and she will be back before Abramson in seven or eight years seeking to have the conviction annulled.
“It was a good letter,” she said.
Tagalakis, who was the only defense witness at the trial and at sentencing, told Abramson: “I’ve lost a lot.” She said the last thing she wants is to be separated from her children and said what she wrote in the letter “is from my heart.”
Doane was convicted in March of drug sales and sentenced to 10 to 40 years in prison as a career criminal. White pleaded guilty to three felony charges and Abramson gave him suspended sentences, with reviews every 90 days to ensure he is complying with programs at the Veterans Administration, and doing community service
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Innocent verdict in vehicle death of former Amherst Fire Chief - 1
- NH Guard Officer convicted of sex trafficking - 0
- MBTA sergeant facing a dozen charges after multiple arrests - 0
- Portsmouth mechanic arrested Friday on theft charges - 0
- Police looking for person who apparently abandoned dog Friday at Concord Dog Park - 0
- Police: Conn. woman falsely accused KSC student of rape - 2
- Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief - 7
- Two injured in Rochester crash - 0
- Rochester man arrested on drug charge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 1
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483