Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigate Newport shooting, no threat to public says chief
The name and medical condition of the patient are not being released at this time, police said.
Police are actively investigating the shooting and said there is no threat to the public safety.
Police responded to 146 Laurel St. at 8:15 p.m. Thursday after receiving a 911 call reporting someone shot. The victim was treated on scene by Newport Ambulance Service and subsequently flown by DHART to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
The shooting is being investigated by the Newport police with assistance from the State Police Major Crime Unit, the Sullivan County Attorney's Office and the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office.
“The Newport Police Department advises that there is no threat to public safety, however the investigation remains very active at this time,” Newport Police Chief Jim Burroughs said in a press release Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten