Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife
William “Billy” Flynn was 16 when he was charged with shooting to death the husband of Pamela Smart, who was his lover and an employee of the school he attended.
Flynn and a friend, Patrick Randall, who held Smart’s husband at knifepoint, were convicted of second-degree murder.
The New Hampshire Department of Corrections kept the inmates separate by having Flynn incarcerated in Maine while Randall served his sentence in New Hampshire.
“We basically stated that William Flynn has been discipline-free over 15 years and completed all programs and treatment required of him,” New Hampshire corrections spokesman Jeff Lyons said.
Flynn’s bid to be furloughed comes amid renewed interest in the Pamela Smart case.
Smart, who is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole, has maintained her innocence and said that Flynn was responsible for the murder.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
- Prosecutors want to seize cash from Londonderry drug suspect - 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 2
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 17
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 4
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 28
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917