Manchester school officials back proposed evaluation system
The system was developed in consultation with several "stakeholders," according to Superintendent Debra Livingston. "The MEA has been at the table," she said, referring to the teachers union. "The principals organization, administrators, instructional specialists."
"We wanted to see what's working and what's not," she said. "We're trying to help teachers improve. We also recognize when you hire a teacher, it's an investment . we're hiring someone who's going to continually improve over time."
The report noted that New Hampshire has a strong tradition of school board control. "The Task Force wrestled with respecting this strong local control orientation while providing a clear vision and practical approach for implementing educator evaluation systems," the report noted.
"It lengthens the process (before termination), but gives teachers more feedback, as opposed to letting them sit in that position, and works on an improvement plan with them," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- O'Hurley-Bastian engagement; wedding slated for Sept. 2015 - 0
- Sinville-Dupuis engagement; Feb. 14 wedding planned in Whitefield - 0
- Brayall-French wed in Sanbornton on June 14 - 0
- Johnson-Bistran engagement; June wedding planned - 0
- Manchester Central, Class of 1957 reunion; Manchester West, Class of 1949 reunion - 0
- Papachristos-Kilens engaged May 25 - 0
- 50th wedding anniversary: Mr. and Mrs. Jelley of Bedford - 0
- Army private with NH ties graduates from training; 4 from NH complete Air Force basic training; Nashua grad finishes ROTC leadership course - 0
- 60th wedding anniversary: Mr. and Mrs. LaRose of Pembroke - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser