Manchester school officials back proposed evaluation system
The system was developed in consultation with several "stakeholders," according to Superintendent Debra Livingston. "The MEA has been at the table," she said, referring to the teachers union. "The principals organization, administrators, instructional specialists."
"We wanted to see what's working and what's not," she said. "We're trying to help teachers improve. We also recognize when you hire a teacher, it's an investment . we're hiring someone who's going to continually improve over time."
The report noted that New Hampshire has a strong tradition of school board control. "The Task Force wrestled with respecting this strong local control orientation while providing a clear vision and practical approach for implementing educator evaluation systems," the report noted.
"It lengthens the process (before termination), but gives teachers more feedback, as opposed to letting them sit in that position, and works on an improvement plan with them," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Obama to expand airstrikes to Syria, vows to destroy Islamic State 'wherever they exist' - 54
- Gov. Hassan orders flags to half-staff to mark 9/11 anniversary - 1
- U.S. expands attacks on Islamic State - 0
- Manchester High School West graduate completes Air Force training in San Antonio, Texas - 0
- Federal funding shortfall curtails National Guard drills - 1
- Secretary of Defense says more than 100 Americans fighting with Islamic State - 0
- Kimball Union mourns murder of alum by militant group - 3
- UPDATED: Islamic State issues video of beheading of US hostage, SITE monitoring service says - 4
- 5 from NH graduate from Air Force training; 2 with NH ties complete Army basic training - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats