Home » News » Public Safety
NH police on lookout for drunken drivers
Portsmouth police conducted a sobriety checkpoint from 10 p.m. Saturday until 2 a.m. Sunday. Police screened 305 drivers outbound on Market Street and arrested four men on charges of driving while intoxicated.
New Hampshire State Police also issued an advisory before the weekend reminding Granite Staters to be safe while celebrating the unofficial end of summer. State police suggest planning ahead by selecting a designated driver before drinking. Drivers who are impaired should call for a cab or utilize local ride programs where available.
Troopers also recommend looking out for others. That may mean taking the keys away from a friend and helping them find another way to get home safely.
Drivers who suspect somebody else on the road has been drinking should call 911, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 1
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 0
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 0
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen