Home » News » Public Safety
NH police on lookout for drunken drivers
Portsmouth police conducted a sobriety checkpoint from 10 p.m. Saturday until 2 a.m. Sunday. Police screened 305 drivers outbound on Market Street and arrested four men on charges of driving while intoxicated.
New Hampshire State Police also issued an advisory before the weekend reminding Granite Staters to be safe while celebrating the unofficial end of summer. State police suggest planning ahead by selecting a designated driver before drinking. Drivers who are impaired should call for a cab or utilize local ride programs where available.
Troopers also recommend looking out for others. That may mean taking the keys away from a friend and helping them find another way to get home safely.
Drivers who suspect somebody else on the road has been drinking should call 911, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison