Home » News » Public Safety
NH police on lookout for drunken drivers
Portsmouth police conducted a sobriety checkpoint from 10 p.m. Saturday until 2 a.m. Sunday. Police screened 305 drivers outbound on Market Street and arrested four men on charges of driving while intoxicated.
New Hampshire State Police also issued an advisory before the weekend reminding Granite Staters to be safe while celebrating the unofficial end of summer. State police suggest planning ahead by selecting a designated driver before drinking. Drivers who are impaired should call for a cab or utilize local ride programs where available.
Troopers also recommend looking out for others. That may mean taking the keys away from a friend and helping them find another way to get home safely.
Drivers who suspect somebody else on the road has been drinking should call 911, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 17
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 4
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 28
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser