Home » News » Public Safety
NH police on lookout for drunken drivers
Portsmouth police conducted a sobriety checkpoint from 10 p.m. Saturday until 2 a.m. Sunday. Police screened 305 drivers outbound on Market Street and arrested four men on charges of driving while intoxicated.
New Hampshire State Police also issued an advisory before the weekend reminding Granite Staters to be safe while celebrating the unofficial end of summer. State police suggest planning ahead by selecting a designated driver before drinking. Drivers who are impaired should call for a cab or utilize local ride programs where available.
Troopers also recommend looking out for others. That may mean taking the keys away from a friend and helping them find another way to get home safely.
Drivers who suspect somebody else on the road has been drinking should call 911, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
- 74-year-old woman suffers serious injuries in hit-and-run incident in Windham - 0
- Grandmother charged in ATV crash with tot - 1
- ATV flips in Alton with 3-year-old on board - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance