Home » News » Public Safety
Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes
The division was called to two boating accidents on Saturday and received another call early Sunday about a boat at sea reported as overdue to the U.S. Coast Guard.
The Coast Guard alerted State Police around 4:50 a.m. about the boat believed to be offshore in the area of Seabrook and Hampton. The Marine Patrol says search efforts were beginning when the boat drifted ashore on Hampton Beach after experiencing mechanical difficulties. Both occupants were not injured.
The Marine Patrol responded to an earlier call for a crash in Laconia on Lake Winnisquam around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Laconia firefighters and police were also on the scene where investigators say a pontoon boat traveling about 20 mph hit a tree on shore. The boat sustained heavy damage and two adults on board had minor injuries. State police say a Massachusetts man driving the boat was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
Two boats collided earlier Saturday on Lake Winnipesaukee. The Marine Patrol said it happened around 9:20 in the town of Alton, where a 24-foot powerboat struck a 26-foot powerboat. A passenger was taken to a local hospital for possible lower body injuries. Both boats were still operational under their own power after the collision.
The Marine Patrol says the crashes remained under investigation Sunday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 2
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
- Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence - 2
- NH Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is seeking funding - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats