Home » News » Public Safety
Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes
The division was called to two boating accidents on Saturday and received another call early Sunday about a boat at sea reported as overdue to the U.S. Coast Guard.
The Coast Guard alerted State Police around 4:50 a.m. about the boat believed to be offshore in the area of Seabrook and Hampton. The Marine Patrol says search efforts were beginning when the boat drifted ashore on Hampton Beach after experiencing mechanical difficulties. Both occupants were not injured.
The Marine Patrol responded to an earlier call for a crash in Laconia on Lake Winnisquam around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Laconia firefighters and police were also on the scene where investigators say a pontoon boat traveling about 20 mph hit a tree on shore. The boat sustained heavy damage and two adults on board had minor injuries. State police say a Massachusetts man driving the boat was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
Two boats collided earlier Saturday on Lake Winnipesaukee. The Marine Patrol said it happened around 9:20 in the town of Alton, where a 24-foot powerboat struck a 26-foot powerboat. A passenger was taken to a local hospital for possible lower body injuries. Both boats were still operational under their own power after the collision.
The Marine Patrol says the crashes remained under investigation Sunday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over