Home » News » Public Safety
Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes
The division was called to two boating accidents on Saturday and received another call early Sunday about a boat at sea reported as overdue to the U.S. Coast Guard.
The Coast Guard alerted State Police around 4:50 a.m. about the boat believed to be offshore in the area of Seabrook and Hampton. The Marine Patrol says search efforts were beginning when the boat drifted ashore on Hampton Beach after experiencing mechanical difficulties. Both occupants were not injured.
The Marine Patrol responded to an earlier call for a crash in Laconia on Lake Winnisquam around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Laconia firefighters and police were also on the scene where investigators say a pontoon boat traveling about 20 mph hit a tree on shore. The boat sustained heavy damage and two adults on board had minor injuries. State police say a Massachusetts man driving the boat was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
Two boats collided earlier Saturday on Lake Winnipesaukee. The Marine Patrol said it happened around 9:20 in the town of Alton, where a 24-foot powerboat struck a 26-foot powerboat. A passenger was taken to a local hospital for possible lower body injuries. Both boats were still operational under their own power after the collision.
The Marine Patrol says the crashes remained under investigation Sunday.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change