action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

August 30. 2014 8:49PM

Claremont home saved from garage fire

CLAREMONT - Investigators believe recently-used stain rags left in a garage spontaneously ignited, starting a fire early Saturday that firefighters contained before it spread to the house, the Claremont Fire Department said.

According to a press release, the owner of the house at 22 Chestnut St. noticed smoke in the hallway around 4:30 a.m.

He checked the garage and found severe heat and more smoke, then went back to the house to wake his family and get everbody outside.

Firefighters contained the fire around 6 a.m., but work continued to reach old asphalt shingles that were burning under a steel roof deck installed recently, the release said.

The last firefighters left the scene around 9 a.m. There were no injuries.

The fire department said the house had some minor smoke and heat damage.



Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events