Home » News » Public Safety
Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes
The Coast Guard alerted State Police around 4:50 a.m. about the boat believed to be offshore in the area of Seabrook and Hampton. The Marine Patrol says search efforts were beginning when the boat drifted ashore on Hampton Beach after experiencing mechanical difficulties. Neither of the occupants were injured.
The Marine Patrol responded to an earlier call for a crash in Laconia on Lake Winnisquam around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Laconia firefighters and police were also on the scene where investigators say a pontoon boat traveling about 20 mph hit a tree on shore. The boat sustained heavy damage and two adults on board had minor injuries. State police say a Massachusetts man driving the boat was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
Two boats collided earlier Saturday on Lake Winnipesaukee. The Marine Patrol said it happened around 9:20 p.m. in the town of Alton, where a 24-foot powerboat struck a 26-foot powerboat. A passenger was taken to a local hospital for possible lower body injuries. Both boats were still operational under their own power after the collision.
The crashes are being investigated.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads