Home » News » Public Safety
Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes
The Coast Guard alerted State Police around 4:50 a.m. about the boat believed to be offshore in the area of Seabrook and Hampton. The Marine Patrol says search efforts were beginning when the boat drifted ashore on Hampton Beach after experiencing mechanical difficulties. Neither of the occupants were injured.
The Marine Patrol responded to an earlier call for a crash in Laconia on Lake Winnisquam around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Laconia firefighters and police were also on the scene where investigators say a pontoon boat traveling about 20 mph hit a tree on shore. The boat sustained heavy damage and two adults on board had minor injuries. State police say a Massachusetts man driving the boat was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
Two boats collided earlier Saturday on Lake Winnipesaukee. The Marine Patrol said it happened around 9:20 p.m. in the town of Alton, where a 24-foot powerboat struck a 26-foot powerboat. A passenger was taken to a local hospital for possible lower body injuries. Both boats were still operational under their own power after the collision.
The crashes are being investigated.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 12
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'