Home » News » Public Safety
18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock
At approximately 6:30 p.m., authorities received a call from a hiker stating that while descending the mountain her daughter fell and injured her leg.
DRED Mountain Patrol Rangers reached the trio of hikers and began administering medical attention to Allison Doyle, 18, of Fitchburg, Mass.
Doyle, along with her mother and brother, were above the “Boulder Field” approximately three-fourths of the way up the White Cross Trail. A previous medical condition made it impossible for Doyle to walk herself down the mountain after the injury and thus rescuers had to evacuate her in a rescue basket. Rescuers reached Monadnock Park Headquarters at 10:15 p.m. and transferred Doyle to the Jaffrey/Rindge Memorial Ambulance.
Doyle was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital for what is believed to be a non-life-threatening injury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
- 74-year-old woman suffers serious injuries in hit-and-run incident in Windham - 0
- Grandmother charged in ATV crash with tot - 1
- ATV flips in Alton with 3-year-old on board - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond