Home » News » Public Safety
18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock
At approximately 6:30 p.m., authorities received a call from a hiker stating that while descending the mountain her daughter fell and injured her leg.
DRED Mountain Patrol Rangers reached the trio of hikers and began administering medical attention to Allison Doyle, 18, of Fitchburg, Mass.
Doyle, along with her mother and brother, were above the “Boulder Field” approximately three-fourths of the way up the White Cross Trail. A previous medical condition made it impossible for Doyle to walk herself down the mountain after the injury and thus rescuers had to evacuate her in a rescue basket. Rescuers reached Monadnock Park Headquarters at 10:15 p.m. and transferred Doyle to the Jaffrey/Rindge Memorial Ambulance.
Doyle was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital for what is believed to be a non-life-threatening injury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?