Home » News » Public Safety
18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock
At approximately 6:30 p.m., authorities received a call from a hiker stating that while descending the mountain her daughter fell and injured her leg.
DRED Mountain Patrol Rangers reached the trio of hikers and began administering medical attention to Allison Doyle, 18, of Fitchburg, Mass.
Doyle, along with her mother and brother, were above the “Boulder Field” approximately three-fourths of the way up the White Cross Trail. A previous medical condition made it impossible for Doyle to walk herself down the mountain after the injury and thus rescuers had to evacuate her in a rescue basket. Rescuers reached Monadnock Park Headquarters at 10:15 p.m. and transferred Doyle to the Jaffrey/Rindge Memorial Ambulance.
Doyle was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital for what is believed to be a non-life-threatening injury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'