Home » News » Public Safety
18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock
At approximately 6:30 p.m., authorities received a call from a hiker stating that while descending the mountain her daughter fell and injured her leg.
DRED Mountain Patrol Rangers reached the trio of hikers and began administering medical attention to Allison Doyle, 18, of Fitchburg, Mass.
Doyle, along with her mother and brother, were above the “Boulder Field” approximately three-fourths of the way up the White Cross Trail. A previous medical condition made it impossible for Doyle to walk herself down the mountain after the injury and thus rescuers had to evacuate her in a rescue basket. Rescuers reached Monadnock Park Headquarters at 10:15 p.m. and transferred Doyle to the Jaffrey/Rindge Memorial Ambulance.
Doyle was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital for what is believed to be a non-life-threatening injury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.