As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester
“Pressurized, high-stakes testing is never fun for the students and staff,” said Patrick Boodey, principal at Woodman Park Elementary School in Dover. “It (NECAP) wasn’t all evil, but at the same time, no one is going to protest its departure.”
“This means you get a true assessment of where each student is at,” said Scott Mantie, who heads up testing for the state Department of Education.
Also unclear is whether the 2015 results will even count, or just be used as a base year, he said.
“We’re in a gray area right now. We’re actually concerned about the (computer-based) format of Smarter Balanced,” Boodey said.
“I know it’s a dirty word — test prep — but it only makes sense,” Rice said. Sample tests are available for anyone at smarterbalanced.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too