As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester
“Pressurized, high-stakes testing is never fun for the students and staff,” said Patrick Boodey, principal at Woodman Park Elementary School in Dover. “It (NECAP) wasn’t all evil, but at the same time, no one is going to protest its departure.”
“This means you get a true assessment of where each student is at,” said Scott Mantie, who heads up testing for the state Department of Education.
Also unclear is whether the 2015 results will even count, or just be used as a base year, he said.
“We’re in a gray area right now. We’re actually concerned about the (computer-based) format of Smarter Balanced,” Boodey said.
“I know it’s a dirty word — test prep — but it only makes sense,” Rice said. Sample tests are available for anyone at smarterbalanced.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rep. Stephen Shurtleff: What NH can accomplish when we cooperate in Concord - 0
- Brian Bouchard's NH Legal Perspective: Cloudy with a chance of trade secret forfeiture - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- John Stossel: Making legal immigration easier would help America - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 6
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem