As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester
“Pressurized, high-stakes testing is never fun for the students and staff,” said Patrick Boodey, principal at Woodman Park Elementary School in Dover. “It (NECAP) wasn’t all evil, but at the same time, no one is going to protest its departure.”
“This means you get a true assessment of where each student is at,” said Scott Mantie, who heads up testing for the state Department of Education.
Also unclear is whether the 2015 results will even count, or just be used as a base year, he said.
“We’re in a gray area right now. We’re actually concerned about the (computer-based) format of Smarter Balanced,” Boodey said.
“I know it’s a dirty word — test prep — but it only makes sense,” Rice said. Sample tests are available for anyone at smarterbalanced.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Foley family in Rochester, pain turns into plan of action - 0
- Foley family in Rochester says their son James' faith explains his actions - 2
- 2 from NH graduate from Army training; ROTC cadets complete language immersion - 0
- France launches airstrikes in northern Iraq - 0
- Australian PM cites 'chatter' of attacks on government, parliament - 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on arms for Syrians - 0
- Congress approves arming Syrian rebels, funding government - 3
- Obama vows U.S. will not fight ground war - 1
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem