As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester
“Pressurized, high-stakes testing is never fun for the students and staff,” said Patrick Boodey, principal at Woodman Park Elementary School in Dover. “It (NECAP) wasn’t all evil, but at the same time, no one is going to protest its departure.”
“This means you get a true assessment of where each student is at,” said Scott Mantie, who heads up testing for the state Department of Education.
Also unclear is whether the 2015 results will even count, or just be used as a base year, he said.
“We’re in a gray area right now. We’re actually concerned about the (computer-based) format of Smarter Balanced,” Boodey said.
“I know it’s a dirty word — test prep — but it only makes sense,” Rice said. Sample tests are available for anyone at smarterbalanced.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman among 3 dead after police storm Australia cafe - 0
- Hostages held in Australia Lindt Cafe, forced to hold Islamic flag in window - 0
- Iraq presses Hagel for greater U.S. military support against ISIS - 0
- Graphic report on CIA interrogations, torture released by Senate Democrats - 10
- U.S., South African hostages in Yemen killed in rescue attempt by U.S. SEAL team - 1
- Islamic State targeted in 17 air strikes by U.S., allies - 0
- ISIS kills US aid worker who had been held hostage - 0
- NH Guard members buoyed by deployment ceremony - 0
- U.S. helicopters return to combat missions in Iraq - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park