Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook woman critical after Labor Day motorcycle crash in Derry
A Seabrook woman was critically injured in a Labor Day motorcycle crash in Derry. (Courtesy Derry Fire Department)
Elizabeth Sigman, 64, of 48 Wortherly Ave., was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by Thomas Sigman, 70, of the same address, on old Auburn Road, according to Derry police.
The crash occurred when the motorcycle was traveling north on Old Auburn Road and crossed into the opposite lane and collided with a Honda about 12:30 p.m., Derry Fire Battalion Chief Jack Webb said in a statement. The Honda was driven by Morghan Goguen, 18, of 9 Scott Lane, Sandown.
Thomas Sigman was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious orthopedic injuries and a head injury, according to Webb.
Elizabeth Sigman, who was wearing a helmet, also suffered serious orthopedic, internal and head injuries, Webb said. The force of the impact visibly damaged her helmet and “directly contributed to saving her life,” Webb said in the statement.
Goguen and her passenger, Alexandra Jandreau, 17, of 39R Scenic Drive, Derry, were taken to Parkland Medical Center with minor injuries, according to officials.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads