Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
I have known and worked closely with Jim Rubens for nearly two decades, dealing with a variety of state and national political issues. Jim offers voters that very rare combination of judgment, intelligence, practicality, inventiveness, persuasive ability and an unshakable commitment to principle that makes a leader.
Jim Rubens is the only candidate running for this seat who offers a bold and concrete plan to reach long-term budget balance — without more taxes. Jim has proposed a robust and specific set of proposals to replace Obamacare, provide freedom of choice for patients and bring down the punishingly high cost of health care. Jim’s six point plan to restore vigor to our private economy includes proposals to end all energy subsidies and to sunset and revisit all regulations every ten years.
Gordon Humphrey is a former Republican U.S. senator from New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. helicopters return to combat missions in Iraq - 0
- Video: British hostage beheaded by ISIS - 14
- To remember the POW and MIA: Recognition Day ceremony in Boscawen - 0
- Goffstown High grad finishes Air Force training - 0
- JFK picture on side of Dallas tour bus draws ire, threats - 0
- Yellowstone tourist fined for crashed drone - 0
- FBI chief claims killer of Foley and Sotloff is identified - 0
- FBI says militant in beheading videos ID'd; about a dozen from U.S. have fought with militants in Syria - 0
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on Islamic State in Syria - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Football: Campbell pounces on Newport mistakes - 0
- NH's Trahan felled in Salem battle - 0
- Tiger hires new swing coach - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Expect an aerial display - 0
- College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Leadership matters - 0
- Windham turns back St. Thomas - 0
- College Notebook: Daniel Webster relishes its men's soccer conference crown - 0
- Dover's Burt leads Panthers - 0
Carpenter ready for break from baseball
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
NHIAA Football: Leadership matters
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH