Home » News » Public Safety
Injured teen bicyclist ID’d
MANCHESTER — A 13-year-old boy remains hospitalized in critical condition in Lebanon where he is being treated for a head injury after he was thrown into the path of a car Tuesday when his bicycle collided with another car.
Police identified the teen as Tarik Mukanovic, who first was taken to Catholic Medical Center and then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, where he remains hospitalized.
The crash happened about 3:30 p.m.
Police said Mukanovic was riding his mountain bike on Kelley Street when he collided with the front of a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta operated by Chad London, 36, of Manchester.
Mukanovic was thrown into the opposite lane of travel and into the path of a 2008 Lincoln Town Car driven by Raymond Lamy, 86, also of Manchester.
Police said Lamy did not have enough time to stop, and his car drove over the teen.
Emergency workers freed the teen, who had been pinned underneath the Lincoln. Firefighters used two airbags to lift the car.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection