SBA, NH Bankers Association laud small businesses
May 04. 2016 1:15AM
BEDFORD — The U.S. Small Business Administration and the New Hampshire Bankers Association recognized its 2016 New Hampshire Small Business Award winners at a reception Tuesday at the Manchester Country Club.
Elie El-Chalfoun, owner of Mega-X, a gas station and convenience store business with six locations, was honored as New Hampshire’s Small Business Person of the Year.
Other award winners recognized Tuesday were:
• Young Entrepreneurs of the Year: Jake Reisch and Matt Reiners, Headphone Events LLC, Manchester.
• Exporter of the Year: Bruce Steinberg Relyco Sales Inc., Dover.
• Woman Owned Small Business of the Year: Heather M. Curtis-Tenney, Curtis Quality Care LLC, Wolfeboro.
• Jeffrey Butland Family Owned Business: John Belletete and Michael Shea, Belletete’s Inc., Jaffrey.
• Veteran Owned Business of the Year: Dean Millard and John Duff, New Hampshire School of Mechanical Trades Inc., Manchester.
• Region 1 Subcontractor of the Year: John J. Dignam: Mentis Sciences Inc., Manchester.
• Financial Services Champion of the Year: Chuck Withee, The Provident Bank.
• Small Business Champions of the Year: Lisa J. Allison, Seacoast SCORE of Portsmouth, Dick Clough, Merrimack Valley SCORE of Manchester.
• Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence: Supplier Diversity Team: Lici Deng, Debra Rotkiewicz, Karen Raymond and Monica St. Julien, BAE Systems, Nashua.