All warrant articles passed at Pembroke Town Meeting
March 19. 2017 8:27PM
PEMBROKE — Residents passed all eight remaining warrant articles at this year’s town meeting Saturday that lasted a little over an hour.
• A four year collective bargaining agreement with the union for employees at the Department of Public Works, with $2,253 to be raised this year through taxes.
• Using $113,000 from the Town Equipment Capital Reserve Fund to purchase a new backhoe for the Public Works Department.
• Using $75,176 from the Police Cruiser Replacement Capital Reserve Fund to purchase two new cruisers for the police department.
• Raising $93,383 to change the streetlights in town to LED bulbs. Of this amount, $10,000 will come from the Energy Capital Reserve Fund and town officials hope to receive about $24,000 through grants.
• A roughly $8 million budget that was recommended by the budget committee and the board of selectmen.
A full rundown of the warrant articles can be found on the town’s website, pembroke-nh.com, along with the results of the Tuesday elections.
— Melissa Proulx, Union Leader Correspondent