Commercial shredder fire damages Hudson business
April 20. 2017 4:57AM
HUDSON — A fire in a large commercial shredder caused smoke, water and heat damage to the unit at a Hudson business Wednesday night.
Hudson firefighters responded at 5:57 p.m. to Cintras Shredding Services at 1 Wall St. They reported that a fire suppression system for the unit had already been working. They were able to extinguish the remaining fire in about 20 minutes.
Crews stayed on the scene until nearly 8 p.m. to make certain there were no hot spots and check bales of shredded paper, fire officials said.
Damage was limited to the shredder and bailing units, officials said.
There were no injuries. All employees had evacuated the building before first responders had arrived.