Win tickets to see The Magpie Salute
June 07. 2017 2:07AM
The band’s genesis began in Woodstock, New York, at Applehead Studios where Rich had recorded his last three albums. Sven had been playing with him on his current tour and Rich thought it might be a bit of fun to invite Marc, as well as Eddie Harsch from the original Crowes lineup, to join. “It turned out to be a cool, cathartic and inspirational experience for all of us. We had a strong musical connection from that band”, said Rich. The fact that the former Crowes members had traveled the world together and shared a life’s worth of family experiences drew them back to one another. They found themselves bonded, Rich states, “by a lot of far out experiences, performing with our heroes, emotional ups and downs, all wrapped up in a very unique life experience, which is the thread that has always kept the connection together.” Eddie will be sorely missed from the new band’s lineup: he passed away in November of 2016, but he too was a part of the energy that lead to The Magpie Salute. Speaking on his connection with Eddie, both musically and emotionally, Rich said, “It's a very intimate and abstract way to communicate, but when you have that with someone it is a true creative gift. Eddie was a brilliant musician. He was funny as hell. He was a good person with a great heart. I'll miss him dearly.”
The Magpie Salute intends to perform the songs and the unique improvisational flights that characterized The Black Crowes body of work. Marc said, “That’s what we do when we get together.” He adds that the vocals will obviously be different, but that in turn will lead to a huge range of possibility and other places to go with different singers. “The bottom line for me,” say Marc, “is that we love playing together; we have respect for what we have done together and for all the people who want to hear it.”
Click here to enter this contest: The Magpie Salute
- Visitors are only allowed to enter once a day. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- Each complete entry is put into a drawing to win a pair of (2) tickets.
- One winner will be chosen on July 28, 2017.
- You need not be present to win. The winner will be notified via email.
- NewHampshire.com is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected form submissions.
- No facsimiles, photocopies or mechanically reproduced entries allowed. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- No purchase necessary to enter. Employees, agents and families of Union Leader Corporation and affiliated subsidiaries are not eligible.
- Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All taxes on prizes are the responsibility of winner. Winners agree to sign an affidavit and any state, federal or other tax documentation that may be required at contest completion.